Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Amazing Ne.

Back when I was a child, Dad didn't want folks to "Discover Nebraska." As a crowd starved teenager I thought that a strange thing to say. We took vacations in popular states such as Colorado and Arkansas-People visited Estes Park and Aspen to name two-in droves. We visited Lakeside in Denver-Same thing-Alot of people-the more the merrier. Why did Dad have a funny attitude about ...keep out...Ne?.
 Today I understand. Among the top fans of this state, I love our clean fast roads and wonderful places where we can go visiting. Holdrege has the Museum of the Plains, Minden Pioneer Village, Gothenburg-the Pony Express-
Nebraska has hundreds of places-Matt and Lacey recently went to an art shop in Lewellan, pristine carvings with local artists, and to Ash Hollow, Pony Express included. We have been to Brewster and Uncle Buddy's, a wonderful lodge with quaint bedrooms and pictorial history of the Omaha Cattle Place from the 40's-maybe the fifties. Regardless of whether it is Omaha, Lincoln, Scottsbluff, G-Brownville, or where-you can know that there won't be long lines and unbearable crowds. I think I know why Dad a rancher wanted this state to remain natural. With something so pure and lovely...Why fight for space?

No comments:

Post a Comment